Our Non-profit Organization 501(c)(3) is offering volunteer positions or unpaid internships on our small dairy goat farm. Perfect for College Students/Animal Science Majors, High School Students/FFA, soldiers or anyone seeking volunteer hours, and who is interested in learning about and working with animals. (Dairy goats, livestock guardian dogs, chickens)
Volunteer tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Dairy goat Management
• Animal care and grooming
• Barn and Rotational Pasture maintenance
• Proper Nutrition for adult and young stock
• Disease prevention and screening, Vaccinations,
• Lab tests, parasite management
• Understanding and working with Livestock Guardian dogs
• Medical care - conventional and holistic/natural treatment of animals
• Breeding Programs
• Maintaining a small flock of laying hens
• Goat Milk Products
NOTE! We are a working farm, NOT a Petting Zoo. Although our volunteers will have plenty of time to enjoy interacting with our animals, there is work involved 😉
Flexible hours. Handy-Man/Woman skills are a plus! Whether you can join us for a one-time event or year round, your Volunteer time is very much appreciated!
Share your talents and learn valuable new skills. Attend free workshops. Build a reference for your resume. Get documented volunteer hours. All this while having FUN!!!
If interested, please call or email with your relevant information.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers